If you are looking for an API-first composable CMS content platform to create, manage and publish content you might find Contentful’s pricing to be of interest.
What Is Contentful?
Contentful is a content management system (CMS) that allows businesses to create, manage, and publish digital content across multiple channels and platforms. It provides a web-based interface and a range of APIs and SDKs for developers to build and integrate content into their applications and websites. Contentful is designed to be a headless CMS, meaning that it separates content creation and management from content delivery and presentation. This allows developers to use the content they create in Contentful in a variety of applications and platforms, without being tied to a specific frontend or website architecture. It is particularly well-suited for businesses that have complex content needs and require the ability to publish content across multiple channels and platforms like e-commerce, SaaS businesses, from small startups to large enterprises.
Contentful pricing plans are designed to suit businesses with different needs and budgets. The pricing is based on the number of users, content types, and API requests, among other factors. It has a free version for developers building individual projects. Premium plans start at $300/month.
Contentful Pricing Plans
Contentful’s pricing is intended to be flexible and scalable. There is a free trial for all plans, allowing businesses to test the platform before committing to a paid plan.
- Free Plan – Designed for developers building individual projects
- Basic Plan – Designed for teams creating websites and apps. Price $300/month for 1 Intro space license
- Premium Plan – Designed for organizations building scaled experiences. Custom plans include 2 Intro space licenses
Contentful Enterprise Pricing
Contentful’s pricing model for enterprises is a customizable solution that is tailored to meet the specific needs of large businesses with complex content needs. It includes a range of advanced features and capabilities, such as custom SLA’s and integrations, custom security and compliance, dedicated support and more.
Contentful Product Comparison
Contentful’s pricing as already mentioned has 3 tiers, Free, Basic, and Premium plans. Here is a comparison of the features and capabilities of each plan:
- Free Plan is best suited for small businesses and individuals who want to try out Contentful’s features and functionality
— Up to 5 users
— 2 locales
— 1,000,000/month + space
— Community-based support
— Limited features, including content modeling, localization, and versioning
- Basic Plan is best suited for small to medium-sized businesses with more content needs and requires more features and functionality than the Free Plan.
— Up to 20 users
— 4 locales
— 2,000,000/month + space(s)
— Technical support
— Basic features, including content modeling, localization, and versioning
— CMS and DAM features, including image transformations and video management
— Upgrade spaces for an additional $350/month
- Premium Plan is best suited for large businesses with complex content needs and requires advanced features, customization, and support.
— Thousands of users
— Custom locales
— Unlimited API requests per month
— Access to Customer Success and Professional Services
— Advanced features, including content modeling, localization, and versioning
— Advanced CMS and DAM features, including image transformations and video management
— Advanced add-ons and professional services, including custom integrations, security and compliance features
— For an additional fee, you can upgrade to Medium, Large, or bigger Premium spaces
How Much Does Contentful Cost?
Contentful starts from $300 per month and has various add-ons based on business requirements. There is a free plan and a free trial available for all paid plans. Customers can upgrade their space limit anytime at an additional cost.
If Contentful Pricing is Too High, Check Out These Contentful Alternatives
There are several alternatives to Contentful that offer similar content management capabilities:
- Prismic: Prismic is a headless CMS that allows businesses to create, manage, and publish content across multiple channels.
- Kentico Kontent: Kentico Kontent is a cloud-based content management platform that offers headless CMS capabilities.
- GraphCMS: GraphCMS is a headless CMS that enables businesses to create, manage, and publish content across multiple channels.