When it comes to the eSignature and contract management space, there are many PandaDoc competitors and alternative to consider. Taking the time to review each one would take hours. So we’ve put this article to help you see which PandaDoc alternative could be a fit for your needs.
What is PandaDoc?
PandaDoc is a user-friendly, cloud-based document management platform that helps you to create, transfer and share files online. It offers quick, paperless communication and is widely used by HR, sales, marketing and finance industries. The tool predominantly enables the signing and approval of documents, without the need to travel to different places.
Additionally, it provides real-time analytics and statistics related to who has viewed proposals, how many times they have viewed them, and how much time was spent on them. It easily integrates with HubsSpot, ProsperWorks, Box, Google Drive, Dropbox and other applications. PandaDoc provides a wide array of templates that you can download and customize. Its collaboration tools allow teams to collaborate on a single document simultaneously.
Enable incredibly useful templates to automate your document flow. Save time and attain consistency by using the same templates repeatedly.
PandaDoc provides 450 templates that you can customize according to your business needs. Users can also upload their own documents and save them as templates. This is a feature that not all PandaDoc competitors can match.
Multiple users can work on a single document simultaneously with this feature. You can recover the last version of the document in case it gets lost. With the ‘version history’ option, you can view previous versions of content library items, documents, and templates.
The software’s interface uses simple arrows to guide you to the fields that you need to sign as soon as you click on the ‘start’ button. This is table stakes among the features for PandaDoc competitors.
Access your documents in an organized database. Filter files by status and create custom folders to ensure efficiency. Facilitate quick navigation to different folder and file categories using the available shortcuts.
Store all your content and access it whenever required. You can save templates, single pages, documents, and single content blocks to the library.
Change the default language used on the interfaces and in emails. Although the default language is English, you can access support in French, Italian, Spanish and other languages.
Notifications and Reminders
Get both mobile and web notifications for every document’s progress and current status. If you feel the need, you can also set additional notifications for delivery failures, comments, and document completion. This is a relatively standard feature among PandaDoc competitors.
PandaDoc pricing offers both free and paid plans for its users, available on a monthly or yearly basis. It has four types of plans — Free eSign, Essentials, Business and Enterprise. Users can also begin using the software with a 14-day trial, and they don’t get charged at the beginning of the trial, but only if they decide to use pandaDoc after evaluation.
Moreover, users can easily upgrade their subscription plan from within the account as and when required. All your recipients don’t have to pay to sign any document and they can do so even without having an account. Here’s a table to better understand the pricing system which is worth referencing as you consider PandaDoc alternatives.
|Free eSign||Essentials||Business||Enterprise||Free eSign||Essentials||Business||Enterprise|
|Free||$29||$59||Decided after taking into account certain criteria.||Free||$19||$49||Contact Sales or RevPilots|
Easy To Use
You can redesign existing files within a couple of minutes without any hassles. PandaDoc has made it easy to create new documents by using its user-friendly features. It’s a leading reason to consider when evaluating PandaDoc competitors.
PandaDoc provides you with the convenience of accessing documents from anywhere at any time as long as you are connected to a device with a stable internet connection. The best part is that it is compatible with all screen sizes, enabling users to access files from their desktops or phones. The centralized cloud repository allows you to save digital documents and access them on the go.
Use the advanced analytics to track documents and notify you about their status. With real-time analytics, you can get information about how much time each recipient spent on every page or section of the document, giving you an overall sense of how customers or vendors react to the documents provided to them. This information is imperative as it can be used to make design changes or modify content accordingly, taking their behavior into consideration.
Manage deadlines effectively as a team by working together on documents simultaneously and enabling real-time comments and discussions. This comment stream is particularly useful if you are having detailed conversations or negotiations with your client or supplier regarding the proposal. Any modifications made can be easily referred to, ensuring everyone is on the same page, leading to faster approvals.
You have to pay a separate subscription fee for every user, and employees cannot share an account. This makes it slightly cumbersome for companies who may have to pay for hundreds of accounts.
Limits Editing Option
Once you send out a document, you can no longer modify anything. This aspect makes it difficult for companies as errors remain on the proposal, reflecting badly on the company.
The software needs additions or enhancements in areas like file duplication, attachments, and allowing several users to work on a single document at once.
How Good Is PandaDoc?
PandaDoc is a highly-efficient document automation solution. It allows you to easily create proposals and contracts that your vendors, suppliers or clients can easily sign, thus fastening the overall approval process. What makes it stand out at the moment is that it provides an all-in-one document workflow solution and not only a small part of features.
Moreover, the tool is ideal for any business size and industry. The best part is that it provides customized solutions for every sector, ensuring that you don’t have to waste time searching for templates that perfectly fit your unique business needs.
PandaDoc Competitors and Alternatives
There are many PandaDoc competitors worth considering. Below we’ll go over 12 different options that are worth considering if you’re looking for an alternative to PandaDoc
DocuSign – #1 PandaDoc Competitor
DocuSign is a SaaS company and a top PandaDoc alternative. It allows users to electronically sign agreements and documents on any device, rather than using pen and paper. The software expedites document-signing and enables users to get secure and legal approvals within minutes.
Key features of this software include document creation, data fields, signing workflow, signer authentication, reporting, security and more.
DocuSign pricing ranges from $15 to $60 per month and users can get a free trial of 30 days of the Business Pro Plan, with limited features. It has four pricing plans — personal, standard, business pro and advanced solutions.
- Target multiple clients with a single action.
- Complete history and audit trail certificate is accessible.
- E-signing can take place even when offline.
- The process requires the recipient’s authentication.
- Software is slightly costly compared to other alternatives.
- Email, chat and support costs extra money.
everisgn is an alternative to PandaDoc that offers SMBs and large organizations a solution where users can sign, manage and approve legally-binding documents. It easily integrates with applications like Google Docs, Salesforce and Dropbox. The platform offers built-in templates and recipient’s can access and sign documents on both their desktop and mobile.
Key features of this platform are electronic signatures, in-person signing, audit trail, security and templates.
The software’s pricing plans range from $0 to $79.99. It has four pricing plans — free, basic, professional, professional plus and enterprise.
- It has an intuitive interface.
- The free version allows you to access the core e-signing options.
- It allows users to set up sub-accounts if you have multiple business lines.
- It doesn’t have a content library.
- You can’t copy existing fields to a new document.
Use this PandaDoc competitor to sign, manage and store all files and documents from Gmail or other G suite applications. It ensures reliable and secure e-signing and is fit for all business sizes. You can easily integrate it with existing applications.
Key features of this tool include attachments, e-signature integrations, Zapier integration, custom branding, secure audit tail and text message verification.
Its professional plan is priced at $9 and the business plan at $15. All the plans always include free signatures, secure audit trail and 17 languages.
- The application uses SSL 256-bit encryption endpoint to protect important documents.
- It provides excellent customer service.
- All the contacts are managed and saved in a centralized place.
- You can customize your company logo and colors.
- File storage capacity is not up to the mark.
- Can be expensive in the long run.
- There’s no feature to securely save a client’s credit card information along with the signed contract.
signNow is a cloud-based e-signature solution that simplifies online signing of documents. Organizations use this Pandadoc alternative to generate documents, negotiate contracts, automating workflows and accepting payments.
Its functionalities include e-signature tools, fillable fields, security and authentication, mobile applications, templates and more.
signNow pricing ranges from $8 to $50 per month, making it an affordable PandaDoc competitor. The plans include business, business premium, enterprise and airSlate business cloud.
- It has an intuitive interface and beginners can easily create an account, upload and e-sign without any training required.
- It is fit for businesses of all sizes.
- With the audit trail capacity you can view all the information about files and documents and track the edits and modifications made.
- Customer service is not very efficient.
- It lacks some editing features.
- The free version has limited functionalities.
Adobe Sign is a cloud-based e-signature service that allows users to sign, track, send and manage the overall signature process on any device and another of the top PandaDoc competitors.
Some of its key features include automatic record keeping, agreement templates, Microsoft Office integration, signer identity authentication and more.
For individuals, Adobe Sign has two plans — Acrobat Standard and Acrobat Pro which are priced at $12.99 and $19.99 per month. For teams, it has two plans as well. Acrobat Standard is priced at $14.99 and Acrobat Pro at $23.99 respectively.
- With the mega sign functionality, you can send the same form to multiple recipients for signing, with a single click.
- Use the drag and drop option to create workflow templates, thus streamlining the signing process.
- The extensive APIs allow you to easily add e-signatures capabilities to your existing apps.
- The process of sending documents can be less complicated.
- Inserting forms and information fields is not very simplified.
- The price for individual use is on the higher side.
This flexible and scalable solution automates workflows while maintaining document security. It provides an optimized e-signing experience and strong legal protection to users. It is fit for businesses of all sizes.
Major features of this PandaDoc competitor include document creation, signer workflow, identity verification and authentication, optimized signing, transaction management and reporting, and open APIs and integration.
The pricing plan for this tool is bifurcated into User Plans and API Plans. Under User Plans there is an option of a free demo and Professional Plan that is priced at $20 per month. Under API Plans, the Developer Sandbox is free, whereas Enterprise Plan is based on the transaction value.
- You can use contract templates to streamline the process and avoid document errors.
- Ensure strong identity assurance before signers can access documents via certificate-based IDs.
- Check the validity of signed documents with one-click verification.
- There is no preview option to see how the document with signatures will look.
- Needs more customized and automated templates.
- UI needs improvement.
RightSignature is an easy, fast way to get legally binding signatures for users. You can customize the solution according to your brand. It ensures the documents are fully secured with biometric data capture and 256-bit encryption. The platform integrates with Freshbooks, Highrise, Stripe, OneDrive, Capsule among others.
Some of its key features are multi-party signing, team-wide collaboration, handwritten signatures and one-click document preparation.
The platform has two pricing plans, Standard and Advanced. The standard plan is priced at $15 and advanced plan is $75, if billed monthly. It also offers a free trial.
- The interface is user-friendly and allows you to keep track of pending documents.
- Customer service is very prompt and effective.
- It’s easy to upload and get signatures from recipients.
- Not adequate resources for help on the website.
- API documentation needs improvement.
HelloSign is an application that is used by individuals and businesses to get documents signed online, while keeping the files protected and secure. This is an ideal option for freelancers and small businesses as it’s not very expensive, making it another one of the affordable PandaDoc competitors.
Key features of this tool are digital signatures, fillable PDFs, online contract signing, document management, signature editor, templates, mobile app, bulk sending, and signature maker.
HelloSign pricing options are — Essentials, Dropbox + eSign, Standard and Premium.
- It uses bank-level security to keep documents encrypted and safe.
- It has strong API capabilities.
- It is easy to use and pretty affordable in comparison with similar tools.
- The document tracking feature needs enhancement.
- It lacks phone support.
- When the recipient signs a document, you receive a new email notification. Too many notifications may get overwhelming.
SignEasy is a digital signature solution used predominantly to simplify the overall signing process. It allows users to add legally binding documents and sign files digitally from anywhere in the world, using any device. You can also ask your team members and clients to sign using the app, thus saving time.
Major functionalities of this software include document preparation, multi-document envelopes, drag and drop data fields, one-click approvals, reusable templates, self-sign documents, offline signing, signing via QR code, automatic reminders, real-time activity tracking, custom branding, biometric authentication and document verification.
The Essential plan is priced at $10, the Team plan at $15 and the Business plan at $30 on a monthly basis. The essential plan is for a single user, whereas the business plan can be used by an unlimited number of users.
- It makes the signing process less tedious and streamlines workflows.
- It adheres to prevailing standards, rules and regulations to maintain security and prevent frauds.
- The tool enables both sequential and parallel signing.
- Doesn’t work extremely well with smartphones.
- It lacks font options for text.
- Document navigation can be improved.
Proposify is a cloud-based proposal software majorly used by SMBs. It provides templates and tools to create business proposals and allows users to track the status of these proposals, gaining insights. It is best suited for small companies and startups.
Key features of this PandaDoc competitor include electronic signatures, data-driven insights, CRM integrations, content management and user-friendly design editor.
Proposify pricing plans include — Team Plan which is priced at $49 and Business Plan which is priced at $590 per month. Users can also access a free trial.
- The content library enables you to use ready templates, thus maintaining consistency.
- Creating and editing templates is very easy.
- The project management interface is user-friendly.
- The template creation software faces issues.
- Fees for individual users can get pricey for companies with large teams.
JotForm is a web-based tool that enables users to create forms without using any coding. It is used majorly by organizations, educational institutes or online shops. You can design forms easily and customize them.
Key features of this platform include drag and drop, offline forms, conversational forms, CRM integrations, embed forms, electronic signatures, form translation and more.
It has five pricing plans — Starter (free), Bonze ($39), Silver ($49), Gold ($129) and Enterprise.
- All the forms are mobile-responsive.
- Templates are easy to use and customize.
- It supports multiple languages.
- The search option is not very useful.
- Support center needs improvement.
- The website isn’t well organized.
Dealhub automates time-consuming manual workflows and offers tools required to close deals, making it easier for sales representatives to focus on the selling aspect. It doesn’t require any coding. It allows users to create multiple types of documents, including proposals, contracts, agreements, order forms, invoices and sales quotes.
Key features of this application are document management, digital signature, proposal generation, dashboard, templates, batch processing, guided selling, approval workflow, collaboration and interaction tracking.
It has two pricing plans — DealRoom and DealHub CPQ.
- You can create quotes in multiple formats like Excel, Word, PDF, links or web pages.
- It automatically synchronizes data with your CRM.
- You don’t need any kind of technical assistance as the tool doesn’t require coding, thus saving on IT dependability.
- When the volume of data increases it seems to lag.
- The workflow management needs improvement.
eSign Genie is a Pandadoc competitor and collects online signatures with the most efficient ensign technology. Users can get signatures with easy documents and templates, white label, bulk options and developer-friendly API integration. It enables a great degree of customization and can be used for businesses of all sizes. Moreover, it allows multiple teams to collaborate on a single document simultaneously.
Some of the critical features include, email notifications, reusable template creation and granting editing rights to third parties.
The software provides a free 14-day trial for which you don’t even need to provide your credit card details. It offers two annual plans — Foxit eSign priced at $8 per month (for small businesses) and Foxit eSign Pro priced at $25 (for growing companies). Additionally, it also offers a Foxit eSign Enterprise plan for which no price has been mentioned.
- It has a dashboard with everything that you need on one screen, making it less complicated.
- Users can access ready templates and embeds.
- Using this application requires a lesser number of clicks, leading to an extremely streamlined workflow.
- Search interface for documents needs improvement in terms of allowing searches based on multiple criteria.
- The two-factor authentication could be more robust.
Free Alternatives To PandaDoc
- Adobe Fill & Sign
Top 3 PandaDoc Competitors
Which is Better, PandaDoc vs DocuSign?
The reason why DocuSign leads the pack of PandaDoc competitors is for a few reasons. It has the features, security, and integrations necessary to help sales teams close deals and organizations more effectively manage the signature and contract process. As far as PandaDoc alternatives are concerned, it would make sense to consider DocuSign during your evaluation of software in this category.
Security: DocuSign definitely has an edge over PandaDoc when it comes to security. If you are working in an information-sensitive sector, it is advisable to use the former as it has earned ISO 27001 and SSAE 16 certifications. It verifies the identity of signers, records all document actions and uses tamper seals.
Features: The two applications overlap on certain features like pre-designed templates and auto-fill data. However, PandaDoc’s features revolve more around sales teams, while DocuSign caters more to document editing functionalities. The mobile app by DocuSign is better than PandaDoc as it allows users to upload and edit content on their phones. Additionally, DocuSign offers more native integrations.
Customer Support and Training: Both the tools offer written and video content to the users along with live training. PandaDoc’s on-demand training is a little limited, so in this capacity DocuSign fares better. Also, PandaDoc lacks phone support. If this is something your organization can’t do without, then DocuSign is probably a better option.
For a larger breakdown of the top PandaDoc competitor, check out Docusign vs PandaDoc.
Other PandaDoc Competitors Compared
For more a more detailed breakdown of PandaDoc competitors compared to one another, check out the articles below that may help you make a decision.