Table of Contents
Sales Recruiters in the U.S.
8 Best Cybersecurity Sales Recruiters and Cybersecurity Recruitment Agencies in USA
Table of Contents
It is no secret that companies across nearly every industry in the United States rely on strong sales teams to drive profits and sustain growth. To build these revenue-generating teams, sales recruiters are in higher demand than ever in 2024.
Companies now enlist the services of specialized sales recruiting firms around the USA to identify, attract, and hire top-notch sales talent – with no shortage of sales job titles out there – all with the right skills, experience, drive and potential to meet goals.
Read below to see the best sales recruiters in America, and specialized sales recruiting options for the biggest cities in the U.S., including New York City, Boulder, Miami, San Franscisco and more!
The 15 Best Sales Recruiters in America Right Now:
Here’s a detailed list of well-known sales recruiters in the USA, each known for their unique approach and expertise in the field of sales recruitment. These sales recruiting firms are renowned for connecting top talent with leading companies across various industries, demonstrating their prowess as some of the best sales recruiters in the market:
- RevPilots: Based in New York and founded by yours truly Joe Benjamin, RevPilots is the top sales recruiter in the US right now – we connect companies with vetted full time and fractional sales talent and sales consultants.
Heidrick & Struggles: A premier executive search firm and leadership consulting provider, Heidrick & Struggles stands out as a top sales recruiting agency by offering specialized services in executive search, including sales and marketing roles. With a global reach, this firm is recognized as one of the best sales recruiters, focusing on identifying leaders who can drive growth and innovation in their respective fields.
Spencer Stuart: Renowned for its leadership consulting and executive search capabilities, Spencer Stuart excels as a sales recruiting agency by working closely with organizations to find candidates who are not only high-performing but also a perfect fit for the company’s culture and values. Their expertise in sales recruiting is unmatched, making them a go-to firm for companies seeking transformative leaders.
Russell Reynolds Associates: This recruiting firm is known for its executive search and leadership transition services, making itself as a leading sales recruiting firm. Russell Reynolds Associates takes a strategic approach to sales recruiting, ensuring that they match companies with leaders who can seamlessly integrate and propel the organization forward.
Diversified Search Group: As a leading executive search firm with a focus on diversity and inclusion, Diversified Search Group excels in finding top talent for various functions, including sales. Their commitment to excellence in sales recruiting is evident in their methodology, which prioritizes not only the candidate’s skills but also their alignment with the company’s mission and diversity goals.
Egon Zehnder: Offering a broad spectrum of services such as executive search, board consulting, and leadership strategy, Egon Zehnder is recognized as a top sales recruiting agency. Their global presence and deep understanding of various industries enable them to stand out as a sales recruiter, specializing in identifying and nurturing leadership talent that can drive significant impact.
Tatum, a Randstad Company: Specializing in senior-level executive services and solutions, including sales leadership positions, Tatum, a Randstad Company, has established itself as a premier sales recruiting firm.
Lucas Group: Known for its professional recruitment services across multiple sectors including sales, Lucas Group operates as a comprehensive sales recruiting agency. Their approach to sales recruiting focuses on understanding the unique needs of both the candidates and the companies.
Linked Executive Search: As a firm specializing in connecting highly skilled professionals with companies, Linked Executive Search is recognized for its excellence in executive-level placements, including sales. Their reputation as a sales recruiter is built on their commitment to quality and their strategic approach to identifying candidates who can make a significant difference.
Peak Sales Recruiting: Exclusively focused on B2B sales recruiting, Peak Sales Recruiting helps companies hire top sales talent capable of transforming their revenue and growth. As a dedicated sales recruiting agency, their methodology and understanding of the sales domain enable them to identify individuals who are not just skilled but are true sales game-changers.
Goodwin Recruiting: Offering a broad range of recruiting services with a specialization in sales positions, Goodwin Recruiting leverages their extensive network to find quality candidates. Their expertise as a sales recruiting firm is well known.
Korn Ferry: As a global organizational consulting firm, Korn Ferry excels in executive search, including the sales domain. Their approach to sales recruiting is informed by deep industry insights and a comprehensive understanding of the evolving marketplace.
Boyden: A global leader in the executive search industry, Boyden offers a personalized approach to sales recruiting, making them a preferred sales recruiter for companies across various sectors.
Stanton Chase: Specializing in executive search and leadership consulting, Stanton Chase stands out as a leading sales recruiting firm with a focus on delivering strategic sales leadership solutions.
N2Growth: N2Growth operates as a premier executive search and professional consulting firm, with a significant focus on sales recruiting. Their approach goes beyond traditional search practices, making them a top sales recruiting agency known for their forward-thinking strategies for 2024 and more.
Battalia Winston: With a long-standing history of excellence in executive search, Battalia Winston is recognized among the best sales recruiting firms for its tailored approach to identifying and placing top sales executives.
These sales recruiting firms are all considered to be some of the best US sales recruiters targeting all industries extensive networks. Whether you’re looking to fill mid-level sales roles or high-level executive positions, these sales recruiting agencies offer tailored services to meet the unique hiring goals of their clients, solidifying their status as some of the best sales recruiters in the industry.
Sales Recruiting Statistics from 2020 to 2023:
- Average Time-to-Fill:
- The average time to fill a sales position typically ranged from 40 to 60 days. This can vary based on factors such as industry, location, and the specific requirements of the role.
- Turnover Rates:
- Sales roles often experience higher turnover rates compared to other positions. The annual turnover for sales roles was around 20-30%. High turnover can impact team performance and increase recruiting costs.
- Training and Onboarding Investments:
- Companies recognized the importance of training and onboarding in sales success. On average, businesses were investing between $2,000 to $5,000 per salesperson in training and development programs to enhance skills and improve overall performance.
- Use of Data and Analytics:
- Data-driven decision-making has become integral to sales recruitment. Approximately 64% of companies were using data and analytics to assess the effectiveness of their recruitment strategies, helping them make informed decisions about candidate selection and overall hiring processes.
- Adoption of Virtual Hiring Events:
- With the rise of remote work and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, virtual hiring events gained popularity. Around 65% of companies in the sales industry reported hosting virtual career fairs and hiring events to connect with potential candidates efficiently.
- Referral Programs Impact:
- Employee referrals continued to be a significant source of successful hires in sales. On average, companies reported that referrals accounted for approximately 30% of their total hires in the sales department. This underlined the importance of cultivating strong internal networks.6
Sales Recruiting in the US – Tips and Strategies in 2024:Sales recruiting in the US is an intense game – as such many tips and strategies are out there on how a company can best utilize a sales recruiter to help them land their dream sales employee.
5 Sales Recruiting Tips for Companies to Utilize:
- Leverage your existing sales team’s network. Referrals from top performers tend to yield strong candidates. Offer referrals bonuses to incentivize.
- Attend industry events and conferences to network and scout potential candidates in-person. Engage with those who demonstrate sales savviness.
- Include sales scenario questions during interviews to assess skills beyond just experience, like persuasion and objection handling.
- Administer sales personality tests to evaluate the intangibles like drive, work-ethic, and competitiveness.
- Be flexible on remote work options to expand your talent pool geography. Especially helpful for niche role needs.
5 Sales Recruiting Strategies for Employers to Consider:
- Develop an employee value proposition that appeals to salespeople – lucrative compensation, career development, culture, etc.
- Foster relationships with college career center contacts to tap into soon-to-graduate sales talent. Offer internships.
- If relevant, consider hiring candidates from outside industries who have transferrable sales abilities.
- Use assessment tools such as ZoomInfo and platforms like leaderboards to continually evaluate sales team members’ performance.
- Provide new hires robust sales skills training and transition support through things like mentors or ramp-up quotas.
What Will Sales Recruitment Look Like in the Future?It’s basically impossible to predict the future of any industry, but with sales recruitment RevPilots has been seeing several trends and shifts happening in 2024 and beyond – and here they are:
- Increased Emphasis on Virtual Recruitment:
- The trend toward remote work is likely to continue, impacting how companies recruit sales professionals. Virtual interviews, online assessments, and remote onboarding processes may become more standard practices in 2024 and beyond.
- Advanced Technology Adoption:
- The use of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning in recruitment processes is expected to grow. AI can help streamline candidate screening, identify top talent more efficiently, and improve the overall recruitment experience for both candidates and hiring teams.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making:
- Companies will likely place an even greater emphasis on data analytics in the sales recruitment process. Analyzing sales recruitment data can provide insights into the effectiveness of different strategies, helping organizations make informed decisions to improve their hiring processes.
- Focus on Diversity and Inclusion:
- The importance of building diverse and inclusive sales teams is expected to grow. Companies will likely implement strategies to attract a more diverse pool of candidates and create inclusive hiring processes to ensure a variety of perspectives in their sales organizations.
- Skill-Based Hiring:
- There may be a shift towards skill-based hiring over traditional qualifications. Companies may focus on identifying specific skills and competencies that contribute to sales success, allowing them to assess candidates more effectively and diversify their talent pool.
- Employee Experience and Employer Branding:
- A positive employee experience and strong employer branding will continue to play a crucial role in attracting top sales talent. Companies will need to showcase their unique selling points and create an appealing work environment to stand out in a competitive job market.
- Continuous Learning and Development:
- Sales professionals are likely to seek employers who invest in continuous learning and development opportunities. Companies that prioritize ongoing training and skill enhancement for their sales teams may have a competitive advantage in attracting and retaining top talent.
- Agile Recruitment Strategies:
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing market conditions and business needs will be essential. Flexible, creative, out of the box sales recruitment strategies that allow organizations to respond quickly to shifts in demand for certain skills or changes in the sales world will become way more important.
Get a sales consultation
You have a lot to consider when hiring for fractional or full time sales help. We’d be happy to help you choose the best path forward and share potential candidates that meet your needs.